<VV> my fall affair report

Hank Kaczmarek kaczmarek@charter.net
Sun, 17 Oct 2004 15:26:48 -0400

All
Left the host hotel early this AM, have lots of things to do at home.

Arrived at hotel on Friday around 7. The BBQ crew, Jon Buie especially,
thought I wasn't coming. Just had to work a half day, and then spend another
couple hours getting ready at home. Left home at 3:30.

The 3rd Annual Unca Lonald BBQ dinner was held at a place called Old Tyme
Barbeque and Catering in Raleigh. Owned by a son in law of a Raleigh Club
member, they stayed open late to accomodate us. Lon got to drive to the rest.
in an Edsel Corsair owned by another Raleigh club member. BBQ (eastern NC
Style) was the best I have ever had in NC. Great Veggies as well, good
hushpuppies, and a great price for the plate!!!!  Top Notch!!

The Hotel was the Hilton North Raleigh on Wake Forest Road.  Should your
wanderings ever take you to Raleigh, This hotel would be worth the coin they
charge for a night (the group rate for this place was very good). Service was
outstanding in every way.  Wanda filled out a card to have breakfast delivered
to our room, and the staff didn't pick up the card. We went into the rest. for
breakfast and was approached by the Rest. Manager, who comped both of our
meals for the mixup. Hotel rest.and lounge prices were very reasonable,
especially for a Hilton.   Corvair folks aren't used to such nice digs for a
meet, and again the facility, space needed for events, and service from the
hotel was absolutely top notch. Capital City Chapter of CORSA NC did a great
job on the meet, all went well, didn't hear a gripe from anyone.  And knowing
this bunch, that was  quite a testament.

I don't think I will sell parts there next year though, I feel like that show
is beginning to bring out a lot of lookers, and too few buyers. I will likely
bring the car, and hang out with Lon... I am not much for the moving events.
Sold lots more parts at Myrtle Beach and Helen, GA as well as the VA shows in
the past.

Got to see lots of old friends, made a couple of new ones. That alone is worth
the time taken to attend the show.

Raleigh Chapter will be hosting this event again next year. Anyone close
enough to attend should make the effort.

Great Job CORSA NC all involved!!!!

HANK