<VV> Starting problem

Brian E. Terry beterry@mijes.com
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 09:36:19 -0400

Hi:

My '65 Monza under normal circumstances will start and shut off properly.  If
it has been sitting for a while and their is no gas in the carbs, then the
starter motor will not disengage when I turn the key off.  It will keep
running until it overheats or I disconnect the battery ground.  The starter
and solenoid are not that old - maybe a couple of years and 5000 miles.  Is
the starter or solenoid no good or is this a wiring problem?  I am confused,
as I would think either one of those problems would cause it to misbehave all
the time.  Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Brian

'65 Monza Conv 110/4sp
'94 Jaguar XJS