<VV> Correct paint schemes for 1963

cwiland@zzz.com cwiland@zzz.com
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 07:30:53 -0700

  It's been awhile since I think I read it in Dave
Newell's book but I painted my '63 Monza convertible's
engine area body color, based on the information he
presented narrowing the switch from body color to
semi-gloss black to around the second week of April
production. My car's build date (from the "cowl" tag on
the rear frame rail in engine bay) was actually incredibly
close to this date, so I likely could have colored it
either way. I actually prefer the body color set against
the black engine shrouding so that was my choice. I'm
fairly certain all Spyders recieved the black. Then there
were the Canadian production cars which I haven't a clue
about!