Subject: Re: <VV> Correct paint schemes for 1963

Robert Hawley iamrgh@charter.net
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 16:32:02 -0400

Howdy All,
    While I certainly agree that the engine compartment in the early 1963
models was body color , I must respectfully disagree that all of the
Spyder's engine compartments were black. My 1963 Spyder convert which I have
owned for 32 years was the 16.436 built at Willow Run and the engine
compartment is most assuredly body color (Saddle Tan).  I, too, think that
the contrast of body color engine compartment and the black engine shrouds
makes for a standout combination.  The switch over information is
interesting, anybody have a conjecture as to why the change to semi-gloss
black was made since that would seem to add one more step (cost) to the
manufacturing process?  What is the title of Dave Newells' book?  Sounds
interesting.
    Robert Hawley (1963 Spyder convert.)