<VV> Curious Question

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Fri, 22 Oct 2004 11:08:53 -0700

At 05:01 hours 10/21/2004 +0100, Alan and Clare Wesson wrote:
>> When driving my corvair and need to stop, if I am going to be out of car
>> less then 5 min. I leave car running.
>

>Good God, have you Americans no conscience? Haven't you *heard* of Global
>Warming???

It's 48 degrees outside.   I'm *still* waiting for that global warming they
keep promising us.

Where's my global warming?   I want my  global warming and I want it *now*!
    I'm tired of zero-degree temps in late November in a state that's
supposed to be in a "temperate zone".

Driving a Corvair in zero temps is generally not a pleasing experience.
Not even a gas heater can keep up with such freezes when cruising
Interstates... at least that has been my experience.

Speaking of which:

It's time to refurbish my gas heater in the '60 4-door soon as practical.
The exhaust pipe stub is cracked, smokes up the trunk... I need to
dismantle it and either weld another stub onto the burner box or  replace
the burner box and be done with it.   I also need to do some work on the
fuel lines and the pressure regulator which I suspect is a bit gummy from
not having been used for many months.    This heater hasn't ever been
service as long as I've owned the car (20+ years) and it's likely time,
long since due.

tony..