<VV> 69 Monza # 5996

CorsaVair@aol.com CorsaVair@aol.com
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 11:00:49 EDT

In a message dated 10/23/2004 7:01:13 AM US Eastern Standard Time,
MrGarySegal@cs.com writes:
Hi all, I stumbled across a 69 Monza, #5996 sitting at Williams Chevrolet's
used car lot in Elkton, MD.  The car has 17,000 miles on it, and appears to
be
complete and original except for a repaint.  The dealer is asking $18,900 for
the car.

Gary
Gary - - -I used to own that car.  If there is anything you want to know
about it that I can help you with, please let me know.  It has had at least 2
paint jobs, at least 8 owners, at leat 4 since I owned it and the claim that it
has it's original tires available is not true.  It had old radials on it when I
had it several years ago, and did not have any other tires.  It has been
smacked in front and you should be able to see where a 1/2 fender has been
installed on the right side in front, plus wrinkles in the trunk floor in front.  This
car was on ebay a while back and didn't sell.  Mechanically it should be
alright, i'm merely reacting to the claims made in the Ebay listing.  I e-mailed
the seller, informing him of the above information during the listing and he
changed the claim that it was a one owner but changed nothing else.  The car
should be alright mechanically, it's just that if you want to spend that much
money, there are several 69's with practically no miles that have sold for less.
- - -Dick Shank