<VV> Front engine Corvair (on Ebay)

BobHelt@aol.com BobHelt@aol.com
Sat, 23 Oct 2004 13:15:42 EDT

In a message dated 10/23/04 8:09:54 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
airvair@richnet.net writes:

> I agree, Matt! FWIW why I am opposed to calling anything with a front
> engine (particulary if it's water cooled) and a Corvair body a "Corvair"
> is because it's totally against everything the Corvair stands for. It's
> the ultimate heresy and an insult of the highest magnitude.
>
> -Mark C

All,
I'd like to remind everybody though that during the 1970s when everybody was
down on Corvairs due to Nader, that there were several well known
front-engined Corvair-bodied drag race cars.   The builders and owners who drag raced
these "Corvairs" did a lot to promote the Corvair good name and reputation.at a
time when popular publicity was critical of Corvairs. So in my opinion, we
shouldn't be too critical of front-engined cars with Corvair bodies.
Regards,
Bob Helt