<VV> Front engine Corvair (on Ebay)

airvair airvair@richnet.net
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 10:33:39 -0400

THAT is what is wrong with MOST of them. You got to remember that the
Corvair body wasn't designed with the intention of ever having the
engine in the front, let alone a BIG engine. The frame, crossmember, and
front suspension, while beefy enough for the Corvair, is questionable
for a front mounted engine, IMHO.

Then there's the matter of heresy.....

At least the Corv-8 designs are more true to the general Corvair
concept, and are mechanically sound.

-Mark