<VV> She's not croaking but she coughs

Frog Princezz media_diva@sbcglobal.net
Sun, 24 Oct 2004 15:15:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hey All,
   Thanx to Tim the wiring problem seems to have been solved...Thanx Tim.  It seems as though the ignition switch was the little bugger making my (Rana's) life miserable.  So I changed the switch and put some gas in the carbs and she coughed! She ran for as long as the gas held out.  Next problem!  Yeah there seems to be another problem and here it is...  I'm not getting gas to the carbs.  Yes there's gas in the tank!  I took the fuel pump off and pushed on the little plunger thingy on the bottom and I got the squeaky noise on the in and the out. Which would lead me to believe the pump is working but it did bring any gas from the tank.  So I took the inlet line off the pump replaced it with a 8" line with a rubber hose on one end and feed the hose into a gas can (with gas in it) and the pump didn't suck up any of that gas.  SO then I pushed a smaller hose into the hose end and the other end of the smaller hose into a funnel and poured gas into the pump and the gas leaked out.  After
 taking the fuel pump off again I noticed that my uncle had taken off the cover and didn't tighten it back down.
  Now on to the question can the inner workings of the fuel pump be replaced or should I just get a new pump?  Could the cover not being on tight enough allow it to leak?  Can someone give me several grand to get this car operational?  Hey Christmas is coming up car parts are on my list along with money and help... anyboby in the giving spirit?
  My car and I are slowly becoming one.

Alesia