<VV> roll on primer?

nortechcorp@optonline.net nortechcorp@optonline.net
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:21:07 -0400

On 10/24/2004, Mark Noakes wrote:

>Someone on this list was talking about a shop in NJ that painted their
>Corvair using roll on primer...and maybe it was even water based.  I've
>mentioned that here locally and everyone thinks I'm hallucinating.  Who
>was that that mentioned this primer product and do you have a reference as
>to brand and source?

It was me.  I'm in New Jersey, and the shop that painted my car earlier
this year is in Connecticut.  The new materials are part of an ongoing
regulatory process to reduce airborne volatile organic compounds
(VOC's).  My '66 Corvair received the new solvent-free water-based primer.
The entire prep and primer process takes place without the car getting in
the spray booth -- only the final color coats and clearcoat are sprayed.

You can see a photo essay on the entire process at

http://www.corvair.org/chapters/njace/painting_a_corvair_in_2004.html

--Bob

Robert W. Marlow
nortechcorp@optonline.net