<VV> 1969 Corvair #5996

bmooers@farniente.com bmooers@farniente.com
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 09:59:02 -0700

I sold Corvair #5996 with 17k miles to a MD based collector last year. (He
also bought 5233 with 13 original miles on it from me) He has consigned /
traded the car to this dealer. I understand that he is reducing his
collection. The car was owned by Dick Shank at one time, I purchased it
from a collector in VA. The car is in exceptional condition, there is no
rust anywhere on the vehicle - it has never been in an accident. The
interior, which is completely original is close to perfect. The engine,
which is the factory supplied 140hp runs perfectly and all smog equipment
is intact. The paint is LeMans blue and was resprayed before I purchased
the car - it is a good respray but it is showing some signs of age. There
are no significant chips or scratches. If you are looking for a nearly
perfect, original Monza - 4th from the last produced - this is a great
car. I suspect they will need to hold the price at 16k+ to recover the
purchase cost.
Bruce C. Mooers
National Director of Sales
Far Niente