<VV> RE: Car cover - How long will it last?

Nick Elzinga starship@worldonline.co.za
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 21:07:15 +0200

I am not sure what a 15 year prorated guarantee is.  I am not familiar with
that word, but it's available, if you want it.  Looking further into the
frequently asked questions section, the material used appears to be as
strong as anything available.

Nick

Q:What type of covering material is used?

A:NAOP, <http://coverit.com/technical/tech_cover.html>  LLC.C uses two
weights of Polyethylene outer cover.  Our "Standard" material is a 7.5
Ounce/Square Yard, 16 Mil thick, UV Treated, Triple Laminate Polyethylene.
Our "Heavy Duty" material is 10 Ounce/Square Yard. 22 Mil thick, UV Treated,
flame-retardant, Triple Laminate Polyethylene.  Polyethylene is the same
material used in most tarps; this is where the similarity ends.  Our fabrics
are made of a "triple laminate" design.  This means that an outer layer of
UV Treated, waterproof material is laminated to a mesh or "Rip-Stop" inner
core.  On the inside a UV Treated, White inner layer is also laminated to
the mesh.  This produces a material that is completely impervious to water
and wind, is incredibly strong; up to 380lb/ft tear strength, and in the
case of the Heavy Duty material will last in the worst weather up to 20
years.

  _____