<VV> OOP Corvair books

Wrsssatty@aol.com Wrsssatty@aol.com
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 12:59:58 EDT

Tony Fiore's "The Corvair Decade" is, indeed, an excellent book and he
definitely deserves kudos for his work on it.

And, yes, the high quality hard-cover binding, etc. contribute to the book's
excellence, desirability and collectibility.

That said, however, I believe that if it might be more
feasible/cost-effective for CORSA to re-print it as a paperback, all concerned should consider doing
so in order to make the book available to those new to the hobby who might
otherwise never have the chance to own a copy of their own.  If, for whatever
reason, that is an impossibility, I would urge the powers that be to look into
the possibility of securing permission to reprint, perhaps as a paperback, Mike
Knepper's "The Corvair Affair."  Mike Knepper is an experienced writer from
the automotive enthusiast press and "The Corvair Affair" provides an excellent
history of the Corvair complete with many vinatge photographs from GM
archives.  I believe that his book, too, should be in any Corvair enthusiast's library.

Bill Stanley