<VV> CHT data calibrate

Dave Keillor dkeillor@ultrex.com
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 14:42:32 -0500

As an engineer, you should know the value of an initial baseline.  I'm in
the process of installing CHT gauges on both sides, but I have no idea
whether my engine is currently running normal temps or excessively hot.
Therefore, I'd really like to have an initial benchmark that's reasonably
close to actual.  After that I agree that relative readings are fine.

Dave Keillor (EE)

-----Original Message-----
From: Roger Gault [mailto:r.gault@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Tuesday, October 26, 2004 1:54 PM
To: Corvair List
Subject: Re: <VV> CHT data calibrate

So, Frank, you're driving down the road and you look down and your CHT gauge
is reading 327 degrees.  What are you going to do with this information that
couldn't be gotten from "Gee, it's a needle width higher than it was last
week."

This is not to say that I didn't calibrate my VDO gauges in boiling water to
see what the assumed reference junction temperature was, because I did.  I
am,
after all, an anal engineer who likes to know useless things.  ;-)

Roger Gault