<VV> Re: books

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Tue, 26 Oct 2004 17:24:46 -0700

Speaking of books:

I asked this a while back, got little response.    How many different
volumes of the Corvair SAE papers were published?   I have one, used to
have two but loaned one and it never came back.   I'd not even had a chance
to read through the 2nd one... both were different colors, the one I have
left deals with early on production, no late models at all, seems to stop
with Spyders.   Lots of good stuff about earlies, particular R&D and
initial construction etc.    Great stuff.

The cover is pastel pink, maroon lettering.   The other SAE book was a
different color...  pastel blue or green, can't recall, been a while.
I've seen little else of them since, anywhere except the one currently
offered by vendors.   Of course, color likely may or may not mean anything.

Is there anybody out there who can tell me more about the SAE Corvair
Papers book(s)?    How many were there?   Was there just the single
collection of papers?   This one has a publication date of '79.   I bought
it and the other one from Bill Cotrofield back when he was still vending at
shows, been about 21 years now.    I could have sworn there was a 2nd
collection...   maybe I'm getting flaky(ier).

tony..