<VV> RE: $10,655 Corvair - SOLD

Alan and Clare Wesson alan.wesson@atlas.co.uk
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 17:24:06 +0100

Mark wrote:

> The '66-7 systems had the condensor mounted on the firewall, over the air
> intake. Which is why many people who have a '65 system want to change to
> the later condensor core.

Thanks Mark - having just thrown no fewer than three belts in consecutive
years on my 65, and finally, this year on the way from Carlisle to
Asheville, realising that it was happening because the upper belt guide is
missing on my car (it's not visible because of the evaporator being in the
way!), I can fully understand why people might want to do that - its
location on my car is a pain in the butt!

> -Mark C (Prez of the Air 'Vair Group for air conditioned Corvairs)

Thanks for the reminder for the thick Brit who didn't know what an airvair
was...