<VV> Question re pole shed for Corvair

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 10:13:54 -0400

Can only answer this from my singular experience in Wisconsin.

Anything that required a building permit (meaning just an open building with no floor but a roof would still qualify) got taxed on its value. Adding a floor or sides
made it more expensive, but the act of getting a building permit was what triggered the tax.

I don't recall what triggered the permit. I know that portable structures did not... and even "permanent" structures like the wood or metal sheds from Home
Depot didn't either... but that pretty much anything large enough to park a car in that was permanently affixed to the ground did...

Bill Elliott