Still more Re: <VV> CHT data calibrate

Roger Gault r.gault@sbcglobal.net
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 14:51:10 -0500

I bow to superior wisdom.  ;-)
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: FrankCB@aol.com
  To: r.gault@sbcglobal.net ; virtualvairs@corvair.org
  Sent: Friday, October 29, 2004 2:20 PM
  Subject: Still more Re: <VV> CHT data calibrate

         Well, Roger, where calibration comes in handy is in comparing
DIFFERENT CHT gauges in DIFFERENT engines.  Does 350 deg F in YOUR 140 Corsa
mean your engine is running colder than the 400 deg. F shown on MY 180 Corsa?
Or does it mean that our gauges are out of calibration?  Maybe YOUR 350 is
really 400 deg.F. and MY 400 deg F. is really 350.!!!!
         I do agree that with any ONE gauge in ONE car, it is the CHANGE in
reading from normal operation that provides the most important information.
         Frank "comical engineer" Burkhard

  In a message dated 10/26/04 3:15:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,