<VV> Vertical bumper guards

Bruce Schug bwschug@charter.net
Fri, 29 Oct 2004 16:13:50 -0400

On Oct 29, 2004, at 1:37 PM, Jeff Sabatini wrote:

> In my search for a second-gen Corvair, I have noticed that some have
> vertical crhrome bumper guards on front and back, and some do not. Can
> anyone fill me in on this? Was it an option? If a car is equipped with
> them, is it an entirely different bumper, or are they removable parts?

I find it interesting that bumper guards are a desirable option.
Everybody wants to have bumper guards. The problem is they interfere
with the Corvair's naturally clean, smooth lines. That's the nice way
of saying they look like crap. It's interesting to me that people
overlook their ugliness just to have another option on their Corvair.
I'll keep my nice, smooth, clean, bumpers. Your opinion may vary
(depending on your level of taste).

Bruce

Bruce W. Schug
CORSA South Carolina