<VV> Re:Transmission to cross support

Woody Lawrence Woody Lawrence" <woody@videoeng.com
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 01:15:42 -0700

Lauren,
I remove that "transmission to cross support" with the engine, when I remove
the powertrain from the vehicle.  I find that it is much easier for me to
reinstall the powertrain with the support already attached to the
transmission.  I just jack the powertrain up into place onto the rear engine
mount studs (or bolt depending on which model) and the transmission end onto
the 2 powertrain mounts on the forward end.  I then put the nuts on all of the
mounts, torque to spec. and the powertrain is mounted in the vehicle.  Then
it's just a matter of connecting everything else to the powertrain.  I believe
this is how the factory did it.  Good Luck.

Woody Lawrence

63 8-door Greenbrier
64 8-door Corvair 95 Panel Van
65 Monza 4 Door