<VV> Traction control

Rick & Janet Norris rickjanet@charter.net
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 07:20:57 -0400

I would have to agree with Hankie-Poo here. Having lived most of my life in
West Virginia and owning Corvairs I never failed to get where I was going
because of snow or ice. Needless to say we get some snow here and being as
how the entire state is in the Appalachian mountains there is no flat
ground! I have always lived in a hill so to speak.
While I was in the Air Farce and stationed on Long Island, NY I owned a 64
Monza. It snowed pretty good there several times. On one occasion I put a
set of snow chains on the rear and there was not any where it would not go.
I was driving around trying to find more snow to see if I could get through
it. I would plow snow up in front until I would have to stop, back up and
drive around the pile. Many early mornings on my way to the base mine were
the only tracks in the snow.
In all these times and subsequent other Corvairs I have never weighted the
front end with anything extra.
Same as you Hank I used to drive around the unfortunate other cars, laughing
merrily and gloating over the superior traction of my Corvair.

Rick Norris
First President CORSA 1971
Email rickjanet@charter.net
Web Site http://webpages.charter.net/corvairalley