<VV> Weight in trunk

JRVIDRINE@aol.com JRVIDRINE@aol.com
Sat, 30 Oct 2004 13:04:55 EDT

When I had my "brand new" 63 Monza Coupe, I kept a tool box and the spare in
the trunk.  The primary reason was to keep the spare from being stolen.  It
was all too accessible when it was in the engine compartment.  I was in the
Army, and at Ft. Bragg, N.C. it was not uncommon for thefts to take place in the
parking lots.  I also used that trunk as my extra storage since I didn't have
much available in the barracks.  Two narrow wall lockers and one foot locker.

I really don't know that it really affected the handling in any manner much
less in a positive way.  It handled very well as it was.  My advise is not to
put sand in the trunk.  It would be a moisture trap and rust out the trunk.

Randy Vidrine
Branch, LA
62 Monza Coupe (with spare in trunk)