<VV> Traction control

FrankCB@aol.com FrankCB@aol.com
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 10:50:25 EST

In a message dated 10/30/04 7:24:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
rickjanet@charter.net writes:
<<SNIP>>
> Same as you Hank I used to drive around the unfortunate other cars,
> laughing
> merrily and gloating over the superior traction of my Corvair.
>
> Rick Norris

       Reminds me of the days long ago when my late wife Milly would drive
behind Mustangs during our northern NJ winters waiting for them to reach a small
upgrade.  Then when they started slipping and sliding, she would pull around
them and gleefully pass them on the upgrade, waving to their frustrated
drivers as she went by.
       One day when she came to pick me up at work, she stopped by a number
of cars halted at the bottom of a rather steep hill.  She spoke to a Cadillac
driver who warned her that the hill was too slippery for ANY car to negotiate.
Well, that got her "back up" (as we used to say) and she told him HER car
could make it.  At this point he told her, "Lady, if my BIG Cadillac can't make
it, your LITTLE car certainly won't."  That was all she needed to hear and she
proceeded to demonstrate just what her LITTLE Corvair (with studded snow
tires) could do.  When I later heard about this I complained that she should have
gotten him to put his $$ where his mouth was and we could have enjoyed a
monetary victory as well as a verbal one.
       Thanks for bringing back the memories,
       Frank "long memory" Burkhard