<VV> Brake Pulling Problem Solved?

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 15:32:45 -0500

I had a fluid leak in one wheel. Fixed that and still had pulling (had
cleaned drum thoroughly, but the fluid was silicone, so I don't know if I
got it all, or even HOW to do so other than wipe with alcohol).
     Got the drums turned, for the first time in the 8 years I've had the
car, and possibly the first time ever (drums still showed chamfer).
Directionality now much improved.
     The reason I put a question mark in the subject is because I have
"fixed" this problem many times, only to have it return (often as the result
of a slow hydraulic leak, but sometimes quite without explanation). Having
the drums turned is a new (and desperate) measure, so maybe now the fix will
stick. Never had such problems with any other car, drum or disk.
     Using carbon Kevlar shoes in hopes of improved stopping power in wet
conditions. Using DOT 5, as mentioned.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C