<VV> Traitors? (opinion)

Stephen Upham contactsmu@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 31 Aug 2004 22:29:20 -0500

Please take the acid comments to vv-talk.  That's what it's there for.
This is a forum for discussion of Corvair matters, not a place to
present your position on morality, politics, or something you have
absolutely no first hand knowledge of that happened thirty years and
half a world away from here.

Stephen Upham
Dallas, Texas

Mid prod. #18732 -1965 Monza sedan 110, Sierra Tan - Saddle, PG, A/C,
original AM/FM, clock, tint, oil bath air filter, w/ 77K
(soon to be out of group red for the first time in twelve years)

Corvairium II

From: <kaczmarek@charter.net>

Folks

Last time I checked, This was the land of the free....

That means freedom to do what you wish with what you have, or what you
can gather or accumulate.

I belong to other organizations, (Masons, American Legion, etc) and
nobody in those organizations tells me what to buy with my money, and
what to sell, and to whom, for what purpose or how much.

      For Example, Military Medals and Blank Certificates for same are
available on E Bay. Want to be a Bronze Star Winner??  Get the
Certificate for 10 and the medal for 9, any good printer program can
put your name on the certificate, and you are a Bronze Star Winner.
Bled as much as John Kerry for it too....

      The VFW and the American Legion don't think much of this kind of
stuff on Ebay, and they ask their members not to buy medals except for
replacements for what members may actually have earned. Is this
illegal?? grey area.

      OTOH, CORSA will NOT let you advertise the fact you may have VIN
Tags and titles for vehicles for sale. It isn't legal in a strict
sense, so therefore CORSA does not allow it.

      Does CORSA have a vested interest in promoting and furthering the
Corvair hobby?? You bet, it is the reason for the club's existance.
However, the club getting involved in the personal financial
transactions of its members is a bit to the right of G Gordon Liddy.

       Should CPF be involved in the selling of Parts to increase their
reserves?  Their business not mine.

Regards
HANK