<VV> Me Too: Back From Beaverun

Sadek Charles H DLVA SadekCH@NSWC.NAVY.MIL
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 10:30:58 -0400

Monday was wet!  I forgot the rain tires....duh.  Had clutch problems on
both cars.

Went out on track for the show-me-where-the-line-is session and barely got
the car back in the pits.

The #89 had a leaking slave cylinder.  Replaced it and decided to go out
when the rain slackened off.  Of course, sitting in the pits, it started to
sprinkle and was raining on course.  Got a lap or two in and got the flag to
come in due to another's incident.  Had to coast or "station-keep" across
the rivers.  Throttle modulation is difficult in the rain in this car.  Very
easy to spin the tires.

Poor Mike.  Had what we think was minor hydraulic lock with wet (water)
plugs, etc.  Got those changed, Mike went out and clutch began slipping.  He
came in, checked it in pits and the clutch is bad-although the disk, at
least, looked fine when I last pulled everything.

Lots of people were on track a LOT!  Track is really neat.  I would love to
drive the #89 in the dry there.

We left early to get back to Virginia and MD.

Thanks to all for the turn out and "funness" of the track day.

Chuck S