<VV> RE: LED taillights

goofyroo@excite.com goofyroo@excite.com
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 11:14:47 -0400 (EDT)

>>>This is true. There is also a guy here (he is 11 years old!!!) who is developing an LED system where more or fewer lights light up in proportion to how hard the car is braking.

There was a product called Cyberlite (sp?) back in the early '80s similar to this.  It was one light that flashed more or less rapidly according to how many Gs the braking car was pulling.  The harder the stop, the faster the flashing.

Supposedly it was tested on taxicabs and reduced rear-enders significantly.  I don't know whether that was a fair test: You can only startle drivers so much before they become immune to flashing lights in front of them.

Michael Smith
Dallas

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com