<VV> Trader in our midst? - No action needed

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 18:14:59 EDT

In a message dated 9/1/2004 11:24:13 AM Pacific Standard Time,
ncwitte@wittelaw.com writes:

Second,  CORSA is not an organization dedication to promotion of the  free
market.  The following is lifted from the CORSA  website:

"CORSA, a non-profit organization, was incorporated to satisfy  the common
needs of individuals interested in the preservation,  restoration, and
operation of the Corvair. CORSA's long range goal is to  promote reproduction
of parts and render technical assistance to increase  your enjoyment of the
Corvair, and to further the general public's  appreciation of the car."

Well, Norm, nothing promotes the reproduction of parts more than getting  rid
of all the original ones and driving up the prices!! <grin>

Seriously, though, Preservation of Corvair stuff is the CPF (Corvair
Preservation Foundation) mission.
CORSA should be geared toward the needs of it's members. I think the  idea of
an "anti-ad" is appropriate, or even a general letter to the editor  warning
people to be aware. In the "Pets/animals for adoption" Classified  Ad section
in our local newspaper, there is a warning at the beginning of the  listings
telling people to be careful about to whom they give up a pet for  adoption.
Someone is supplying animals for testing purposes.

- Seth