<VV> REAR SUSPENSION

JVHRoberts@aol.com JVHRoberts@aol.com
Wed, 1 Sep 2004 20:27:31 EDT

Gotcha. Watch the roll centers of the LM rear suspension. It was meant to go
with something with a lower CG, and may have some slightly odd handling
characteristics.

In a message dated 9/1/2004 6:18:37 PM Eastern Standard Time, gwyth@sisna.com
writes:
I would like it to handle a little better, be able to use standard type
bearings, and also I would like to put airbags and disk brakes all around.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: JVHRoberts@aol.com
  To: gwyth@sisna.com ; virtualvairs@corvair.org
  Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2004 3:19 PM
  Subject: Re: <VV> REAR SUSPENSION

  Something that may help:
  1. The halfshafts and lower rods attach to the transaxle, and are located by
that component.
  2. The toe control rods at the front are also attach to the transaxle,
through the front bracket, and are located by that component.

  As such, the attachment points you REALLY need to be concerned about are:
  Front of the control arms.
  Springs.
  Shocks.

  And, as always, the question that goes begging is, what do you wish to
accomplish here?