<VV> odd colo(u)r combinations

Wrsssatty@aol.com Wrsssatty@aol.com
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 10:09:11 EDT

The direction taken by this thread re:  repainting a car to coordinate with a
red interior triggered something in my feeble mind.  I seem to remember that
in one or the other edition of those '69 "Fingertip Facts" books lurks an
anecdote about someone custom ordering a '69 from the factory with red exterior
and a blue interior.

And, while I'm on the subject:  if the orignal poster insists on painting his
car a color other than the original stock color, my vote would be for silver
with the red interior.  The son of the president of the Corvair club in France
has such a car.  I've seen the pics and the car looks stunning--tres chic!  I
forget what color his top is but I think a black top would look great with
such a color combo.

Bill Stanley
'63 Monza convertible re-painted in the original Tuxedo Black (the only color
available on every Corvair ever made from '60-'69) with red interior and
white top.