<VV> Traitor in our midst - Board action requested

RoboMan91324@aol.com RoboMan91324@aol.com
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 11:55:58 EDT

Norm, Thomas, et al,

Please understand that I also collect Corvettes as well as Corvairs.  With
that said, I agree with you that the ad in the Communique is not appropriate and
should be removed or barred.  However, the editors may not be permitted to do
that.  Is there a stated advertising policy that limits the advertiser in the
use of any parts obtained through his ad?  If there is a section in the
policy that allows the publisher discretion to accept or reject an ad based on the
advertiser's intended use of the parts, is it legally enforceable?  Norm, this
is a better subject for you than I.  It is doubtful that the guy would sue
but he might, especially if he is making good money.

Here is a suggestion.  For those concerned about this outrage, take out an ad
of your own that reveals the Corvette intruder's intent.  Ironically, a
"counter" ad of this nature might truly be in violation of advertising policy but
give it a shot.

By the way, I have a nice telescoping steering column and wood wheel out in
my garage but I have no intent to convert it to Corvette use .... but that's
just me.

Doc
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In a message dated 9/1/2004 7:54:20 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
virtualvairs-request@corvair.org writes:

> Message: 4
> From: "Norman C. Witte" <ncwitte@wittelaw.com>
> To: "'Bill Hubbell'" <whubbell@umich.edu>, "'airvair'"
>   <airvair@richnet.net>,
>    "'Virtual Vairs'" <virtualvairs@corvair.org>
> Subject: RE: <VV> Traitor in our midst - Board action requested
> Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 09:28:52 -0400
>
> Bill, the fallacy in your argument is that you are confusing the market with
> the forum.
>
> I agree that if someone has a part that they want to sell, it's theirs and
> no one has a right to tell them that they can't sell it.  That the free
> market, but that's not the issue.  The issue is, under this set of circumstances
> should we, CORSA, *help* them sell that part?  Of course not.
> <snip>
> The reason that the Communique Classifieds exist is to create a forum for
> the convenience of Corvair members in exchanging parts for Corvair use.  We own
> that forum and have a right to say how it is used.
> <snip>
I disagree, however, that as > Mark says, Board action is required.   It's an