<VV> Noise Reduction kits for Corvairs

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 12:00:44 EDT

At the Hotrod/Performance Show in February of this year, one of my must-see
companies was "Quiet Ride Solutions". They are located in Stockton, CA, not
too  far from my San Jose home, but I had never visited their facility. They
make  "Acousti-shield" noise insulation kits for many cars and trucks, used to
dampen  noise and vibration from all directions.  Rob Fike, my host at Indy, and
I  stopped by their booth and talked with the owners. I mentioned that a
noise  suppression kit for the Corvair might be a good seller because of the
unit-body  construction of the car and the air-cooled motor (Inherently, a bit
noisy.)  He said he had been looking for a car to measure in his home area,  I
immediately volunteered a 1965 coupe occupying my side driveway.
About two  months later, he called and we set up a day for him to come and
measure the  car.  He spent the better part of a day measuring, cutting and
fitting  templates in and around my coupe. The next day, I set him up to visit M&J
 Vair Mart, about 15 miles away, measuring early models. Last week I received
the  data sheets on all their new kits for the Corvair. The Acoustishield
kits   are a two-stage, pre-cut kit containing both sound deadening pads and
absorber/barrier material. When installed, the interior portions are not
visible, because they are installed behind panels and under carpets.  They  have a
kit to fit about any Corvair car model. No Forward Controls yet. You can  go to
their website to research the kits and watch the installation  (in a
non-Vair). The Corvair kits are brand new, so they are not yet listed in the
applications section, but I should have complete data sheets,  including
prices, soon. Their Web site is www.quietride.com  <http://www.quietride.com>
 I will be trying out a kit soon, I  haven't made a decision on whether to
handle the kits as a product. They do have  dealers around the country. I'll
keep everybody informed.-  Seth  Emerson