<VV> Noise Reduction kits for Corvairs

NicolCS@aol.com NicolCS@aol.com
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 14:24:04 EDT

Seth, I had a Solar Sprint back in the mid 70's that was equipped with the
Solar "Acousti-kit".  There was closed cell foam in the doors, side panels,
behind the rear seat and in the engine compartment.  I don't know it there was
anything the headliner or floor but that car was a DREAM!  It was hushed of all
the mechanical wizzing, buzzing, and whirring that accompanies a regular
Corvair, all you could really hear was the sweet sound of the exahust when the
windows were open.  It also improved the sound of the, ahem, eight-track.
(!)Heaven!
"I'm all ears!"
Craig Nicol

<snip>
At the Hotrod/Performance Show in February of this year, one of my must-see
companies was "Quiet Ride Solutions". They are located in Stockton, CA, not
too  far from my San Jose home, but I had never visited their facility. They
make  "Acousti-shield" noise insulation kits for many cars and trucks, used
dampen  noise and vibration from all directions....  Seth <unsnip>