<VV> Transmission fluid

Kathie Rose r0wsbud@comcast.net
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 09:00:15 -0400

This is the first of my lame questions.  I've been reading posts and get lost
with all the mechanical stuff, but on occasion I find something that may come
in handy for future reference.  My husband and I have bought our first
corvair(s) 62 and 64.  The 64 is an automatic transmission and the previous
owner said we should only use Dextron II transmission fluid, but we can only
find Dextron III at our local auto parts stores.  Could he have meant only
Dextron as opposed to some of the other blends I've seen at the stores?  We
are very new at this and are not mechanics.  I would appreciate any any
response.

Regards,
Kathie Rose
Brookhaven, PA