<VV> crate bodies, sadly NO CORVAIR

Dave Keillor dkeillor@ultrex.com
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 11:16:32 -0500

>From the firewall back, both the Camaro and Nova are unit body.

Dave Keillor

-----Original Message-----
From: N. Joseph Potts [mailto:pottsf@msn.com]
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2004 9:14 AM
To: Rick & Janet Norris; Marc Sheridan; virtualvairs
Subject: RE: <VV> crate bodies, sadly NO CORVAIR

If nothing else, I would expect the Corvair's monococque design (body
incorporates frame) to stack the economics heavily (pun intended) against
the idea. The Camaro is a body that is "stacked up," if you will, on a frame
that the owner provides. Because the Corvair body incorporates structural
elements, I would expect it to be (a) heavier; and (b) all one piece, except
for closures (doors, trunk, hood). The owner would supply the front and rear
suspensions with attendant crossmembers.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C