Subject: Re: <VV> Was "Traitor", now "Trader"

NicolCS@aol.com NicolCS@aol.com
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 13:18:16 EDT

Guys, I'm sorry to report that NEITHER the British nor the American
pronounciation of "Mazda" is even close to the "proper" pronunciation in the mother
tongue.

In Nihon, (Japan) we say Maa Tsu Daa, not Mawz-da, Mar-s-da, Mahzda, Mairzda,
or Maahz-da.  It's pronounced with three sylables, evenly stressed. Maa Tsu
Daa.  Now, you know the 'rest-a of za sto-ri'.

Craig (work with this everyday) Nicol

<snip>I don't think? I have an "r" in Mawz-da when I pronounce it.  Why do
you say Americans pronounce it Mar z da?
We don't pronounce the 'r'!! I was trying to render it as Norm was (see
separate email) - I meant 'Mahzda'.
But as I said, it should be Mairzda - shouldn't it? Cheers Alan