<VV> Re:You say tomato - I say Mazda

Sethracer@aol.com Sethracer@aol.com
Fri, 3 Sep 2004 13:58:07 EDT

In a message dated 9/3/2004 10:19:37 AM Pacific Standard Time,
NicolCS@aol.com writes:

Guys,  I'm sorry to report that NEITHER the British nor the American
pronounciation of "Mazda" is even close to the "proper" pronunciation in  the
mother
tongue.

Mother says one thing Father says another <grin>

You know how people can ask that their own name be pronounced one way on
another? You say tomato, I say Tomahto!  The father (currently, at least)  i.e.
the owner of Mazda - Good ol' FORD motor co. says "Mahz-dah" - That should
turn on a light bulb! (inside joke). Mazda? - light bulbs? oh Well!

Corvair Content - An early Mazda Sedan, only imported into the Northwestern
US, looked remarkably like a late model Corvair sedan. -  Seth