<VV> 5999, was: crate bodies... The last Corvair, an Olympic Gold Monza Coupe (# 6000),

airvair airvair@richnet.net
Fri, 03 Sep 2004 16:47:34 -0400

That's true. Have pictures of it happening. I once owned the car, before
donating it to the CPF Museum. Know a lot of its history, as I talked to
the second owner, and the sales manager who personally delivered the car
to Boyer (the original owner). 5999 had its entire engine replaced at
the factory with an off-the-shelf replacement engine. Oddly enough, that
engine never received 5999's VIN, which it should have had.

-Mark