<VV> Re: Mazda and Late Corvair sedans

Stephen Upham contactsmu@sbcglobal.net
Sat, 4 Sep 2004 13:28:21 -0500

My connection.  I have a '94 Probe GT which is the sister of the MX6.
My Probe has one of the best body styles ever produced in America.
It's also a lot of fun to drive, economical; 21 city  27 hwy, has
folding rear seats, was only produced for    about ten years (8), was
done in by the '94 Mustang, and uses premium gas; Corvair connections.
Maybe that's another reason I appreciate both cars so much.

Stephen Upham
Dallas, Texas

Mid prod. #18732 -1965 Monza sedan 110, Sierra Tan - Saddle, PG, A/C,
original AM/FM, clock, tint, oil bath air filter, w/ 77K
(soon to be out of group red for the first time in twelve years)

'94 Probe GT 5-Sp (2.5L / 164 hp)
'01 Dodge Durango SLT (4.7L /  235 hp)

Corvairium II

I've always thought that the Mazda MX6 was influenced by the Corvair...
they have always looked like 2/3 scale Corvairs to me...

Jim H