<VV> Light rust on floorboard

Joe Robbins robbins@monticello.net
Sat, 4 Sep 2004 22:14:14 -0500

POR 15 is great stuff. Clarks sells it along with many places online. They
also make a POR Putty that will fill small holes, I used both and loved
them. Rust is gone for 6 years and no sign of returning. I used small pieces
of cardboard to spread the putty and then threw them away. Wear gloves, it
takes weeks to wear off, don't ask how I know.
Joe Robbins

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org [mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]
On Behalf Of Russ Moorhouse
Sent: Saturday, September 04, 2004 8:02 PM
To: VV
Subject: <VV> Light rust on floorboard

I have some light rust on just the passenger side floorboard, do to what I
believe is a leak from the vent.  I think the PO removed the vent and kick
panel when he ran a new antenna and failed to seal it correctly.  There are
a couple of holes, that are just starting about the size of a pin's  head.
I thought I read in Eastwoods catalog or possibly in a magazine about a
product that will stop the rust and fill any holes like this.  Does anyone
know what this product is and where it is sold?

Russ Moorhouse
'65 Corsa coupe 140 HP
Group Corvair Member
Kent Island, MD