<VV> Water leak

airvair airvair@richnet.net
Sun, 05 Sep 2004 10:34:17 -0400

It may not be from the kick panel vent. I've on occasion found cars with
leaks coming from ABOVE the kick panel, and then running down under the
plastic panel. It could also be coming from the windshield/dash/cowl seam.

OTOH the dumdum is notorious for sometimes not being very reusable.

I'd recommend installing a convertable ventstack (if only temporary)
without the panel, and gutting that side of the dash, leaving it all as
open as possible. Then you can run it through a water leak test to see
where the water is coming from. This would include spraying water up
under the windshield "frame" (the metal strip between the windshield and
removable cowl panel). You need to isolate the source first, in this
stuation.

-Mark