<VV> Polishing wire wheel hubcaps ... use plastic zip-lock bags for all the little pieces

bjornyesterday bjornyesterday@yahoo.com
Sun, 5 Sep 2004 21:57:34 -0700 (PDT)

List Members,

I use sandwich bags from WalMart that also have the zip lock feature.
 They seem to work just as well as the name brand.  I also make it a
habit to take notes on a 3 x 5 card about what I took apart and how
it came apart and put that in the bag.  Too many times I have found a
bag of "parts", and can't really recall what they are for.

And, Yes... I remember Heloise... Her daughter now writes the column,
and many years ago I heard she had a Porsche 930 Turbo.  At least it
was air cooled.

Andy Anderson

--- Charles Lee <chaz@ivic.net> wrote:

> To all wire wheel polishers and model car / plane / etc collectors
> :
> For polishing wheel covers (even non-wire), and for other small
> parts that
> you want to keep together (I have a lot of model cars with loose
> parts in
> "porous" boxes), I use plastic zip-lock bags.
>
> Those plastic zip-lock bags are amazing little things that cost
> about 10
> cents each give or take.
>
> You don't even have to label them because they are transparent ...
>
> Another hint from Heloise (anyone else remember her ?)
>
> Chaz

=====
The road to a friend's house is never long.