<VV> New to list...

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Mon, 6 Sep 2004 10:16:48 -0400

I recently bought and installed said short-shaft steering box from Clark's,
and it is working just fine. I WOULD suggest you check your car carefully,
though, to make sure that YOURS takes a short shaft before ordering. You may
need long shaft, or something else.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Jason Morris
Sent: Sunday, September 05, 2004 11:25 PM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> New to list...

Howdy guys!

I just moved to San Antonio Texas and drove my 1965 Monza (4dr) all
the way.  Just subscribed to this list and wanted to say hi and get a
few questions answered.

1.  Does any one know of a corvair club in San Antonio.  I know that
there once was an "Alamo City Corvair Club" but the email I sent to
them was bounced back.

2.  After the wife saw all of the trouble it took to drive my baby
down she has give the go ahead to complete any work that needs to be
done to make my car drivable.  The engine and 3 speed are find SO...

A. I'm going to do a full suspension rebuild (bushings, springs,
shocks, arms, etc...)
I was planning on getting the ultimate rebuild kit from Clark's
(w/Premium bearings).  And Heavy duty springs and shocks.

B.  Replace or Rebuild the steering box, to fix the slop in the steering.
I was thinking of the 65-66 SHORT SHAFT REBUILT STEERING BOX from Clark's

C. New Rims and Tires.
245/50R-14 for the front and 265/50R-14 for the rear... Just like
"Darth Vair"....  I love the look of that car.

Any comments or advise would be greatly appreciated.  This is the
first corvair I've owned so thanks for the help.

Jason Morris