<VV> power brakes

James Davis jld@wk.net
Mon, 06 Sep 2004 14:44:23 -0500

Almost all disk brake caliper piston(s) have a greater piston area than
drum brake wheel cylinders.  This necessitates a larger master cylinder
piston diameter (1 inch on drums and 1.125 on disk) to achieve the same
brake petal movement to apply the brakes.  Thus, a power brake unit to make
up for the increased petal pressure to apply disk brakes (about 25% greater
than drums).
Jim Davis