<VV> power brakes

YENBAT@aol.com YENBAT@aol.com
Mon, 06 Sep 2004 22:23:12 -0400

There is a big difference between and Corv-8 and a stock Corvair.

My 7  Corvairs that I have owned over the years have all been either stock or slightly modified Corvairs with Corvair engines. Most of them only had an engine swap... Such as a 95HP in the place of an 84 or a 140 in the place of a 102 or 110.

NONE of them (seriously) ever even came close to needing power
brakes. I did install Unca Lon's semi-comp kevlar shoes on my
'61 Lakewood. It stopped just a well as before but I no longer had to be concerned about any possibility of fading. I
hadn't actually experienced any fading but wanted to avoid it since I drive in our local mountains occasionally and my
Lakewood is a PG.

Considering the many modifications that go into Corv-8s and the increased performance possible. Power brakes seem like a common sense item to include.

I still maintain that they are not needed in a "normal" Corvair.

But then it's the owner's money and time and their piece of mind...

Not affiliated with any political party.

Tim Abney