<VV> another engine assembly question

Macdonald David dmacd_us@yahoo.com
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 06:49:48 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks to all who provided help with head nut torque
advice.

I managed to get the top cover on but got slowed down
assembling the engine shrouds. If I'd disassembled the
engine myself rather than received it in boxes this
would be much easier.

I've got all my manuals spread around the garage for
reference.... Once I figured out how they fit in, it
was all pretty obvious.

I do have a question that does not seem to be answered
by the assembly manual or the service manual:

There are 2 holes on the end of the block. Two one
each end. The front and rear shrouds fit to the holes.
On my heads the only top hole on the right hand head
has a stud in it and the rest of the holes are empty.

What fits into these holes? More studs or bolts?

David Macdonald
'65 Corsa 140 Coupe

PS
Aligning the Cam/crank gears is a pain. Mostly becuase
of the conflicting advice in the manuals publications.
The corsa Tech guide has a simplified diagram that
shows the timing mark and the cam keyway exactly 180
degress apart. They aren't that way on my cam gear.
But everything seems to line up fine, both valves
closed tight at TDC.