<VV> Electrically Challenged

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com
Tue, 07 Sep 2004 12:01:49 -0400

First, you need a test light or (better) a multimeter.

There are switched and unswitched lugs available on the fuse block. These are unfused I think, so make sure you use inline fuses.  (The unswitched
says BATT... that gives you 12V always on) I crimp little terminals onto the wire and plug them on the fuse block lugs. Use the test light to make sure
which is which.  You can also use the wire going to the cigarette lighter... I think that's switched (but really don't recall for sure... or you can use the
radio power which I'm sure is switched.)

Easiet place to get "lights" is on the little lamp that's on the eater controls... 4 screws drop the assembly and the lamp will be in your hands...easy to
tap into the line.

For the VM, you want the switched pwoer (can use the same as for thre radio) and can ground to anything metal under the dash.

Bill

On Tue, 07 Sep 2004 15:27:57 +0000, the.tysons@comcast.net wrote:

>I appear to be electrically challenged as well as mechanically challenged.  I am close to finishing the interior of my '65 Monza and have a few "loose
wires" to deal with.  For the aftermarket CD player I need the following connections: