<VV> Oil Filters - Frugal Price FS

J R Read_HML hmlinc@sbcglobal.net
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 17:51:03 -0500

Hello,

This message is going to VV Land.

This is about NAPA/Wix 1038 oil filters at a reduced price.  These filters
DO NOT have the
dreaded U shaped gasket as many of the current other brands being offered.
They appear to be the same as the ACDelco PF4s that we are all very
familiar with.  The PF4 filter has been discontinued and as far as I can
tell, all existing supplies have been bought up.

I've been looking for an appropriate GOOD replacement for PF4 for about five
months and have researched several brands during that time.  The Wix brand
became my filter of choice along the way.

About eight weeks ago I happened upon Mr. Bob Steele who sells filters of
all
kinds over the internet.  Bob and I have had an ongoing discussion over
these past several weeks and he has made arrangements to have the NAPA/Wix
filters available to us in case quantities for a substantially reduced
price.

Bob has set up a special web page for Corvair filter orders.  There has been
a two week test period of the web site and everything seems to be working
smoothly.  Please go to
his web page and see if you agree with me that what he has to offer will
both fit your filter needs and do so at reasonable cost.  If you think this
is a good way to buy these filters, please place an order with Bob.

Just to give you a rough idea, the HIGHEST price per filter would be $7.54
and the price per filter could be as low as $6.69.  This is a DELIVERED to
your door price.  So, shipping to your location is figured into these
numbers.  Most of us will end up paying about $7.00 per filter.  If you
can't use a whole case, buddy up with one or two others and send the order
under one name.

Payment can be done by money order, cashiers check or PayPal (slight extra
charge).  If do not live in PA (the shipping point), there is no sales tax
involved.  Many people receiving this particular e-mail know me personally
and I can tell
you that I have complete faith in the honesty and integrity of Mr. Bob
Steele.  He will deliver what he promises, and on a timely basis.

For pictures and an order form, go to:

http://www.filterbuy.com/corvair.html

There is also a "paper" order form at the web site which can be printed and
mailed.  Perhaps you could print copies for your computer challenged
friends?

Attachments are scanned with anti-virus software.

Later, JR
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140
'66 beater Coupe - icemobile 4/140

PS - I'm not on FastVairs, so perhaps someone would send this note over
there as well?