<VV> Spark Plug wire routing

Russ Moorhouse corvair65@verizon.net
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 19:44:05 -0400

I would like to hear from those with the 140 HP engine as to how they routed
their 8 mm spark plug wires.  I just installed a set on new 8 mm silicon
spark plug wires and I'm having problems with the wires clearing the
carburetor linkages.  The new wires have a little larger boot than the stock
style I took off, which causes the wires to stick up further.  That along
with the wire being thicker, they don't sag as much as the stock type does.
Right now my distributor looks like a birds nest and I have wires running
under every low part I can find to keep them from getting entangled with the
carb linkage.

I would appreciate any suggestions, diagrams or photos from those who have
done this .

Russ Moorhouse
'65 Corsa coupe 140 HP
Group Corvair Member