<VV> 1964 Corvair Monza

Cameron, David David.Cameron@nnsa.doe.gov
Tue, 7 Sep 2004 14:19:59 -0400

Bob:

thanks for explaining what vapor lock is.  My problem happens when it is
still running after you start it initially.  Also you suggested to check the
in line fuel filter which has been replaced when I put in the new tank and
sock filter.

Dave Cameron
NA-115.1, FRSTL
Phone 202 586-0812
Fax 202 586-1057
Pager 1-800-348-9306
SPIRNet david.cameron@doe.sgov.gov
NOTHING RUNS LIKE A DEERE!

-----Original Message-----
From: BobHelt@aol.com [mailto:BobHelt@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2004 2:06 PM
To: Jim.Duane@digitalnet.com; David.Cameron@nnsa.doe.gov;
virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: Re: <VV> 1964 Corvair Monza

In a message dated 9/7/04 11:01:27 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
Jim.Duane@digitalnet.com writes:

although 15 to 20 minutes of running sounds like vapor lock.

No. Vapor lock almost always occurs after a hot run and the engine is shut
down and car sits for 15 to 20 minutes. Then the engine starts and runs
great until the carb bowls are emptied and the car comes to a dead stop.
Regards,
Bob helt